Monday, July 8, 2013

COLLABORATEURS / LIAM BENSON


Liam Benson_VB Sticker_2004

Every day throughout the Collaborateurs exhibition, we will be sharing an interview with one of the exhibiting artists...

LIAM BENSON

How did you and Nick Atkins first meet?
Nick and I met in 2012 through working together on the production UnBard, a contemporary movement piece that celebrated a group of people living with disabillities from with Sunnyfield.

Why did you choose to collaborate with Nick for Collaborateurs?

I chose to collaborate with Nick because of his innate ability to draw out the beauty of a subject and find a way to help them tell their story through movement.

What is it about collaboration as a process that appeals to you as a contemporary artist?

Collaboration is an integral part of my creative process because it allows my to step outside of the comfort zone of my solo practice. I love sharing and absorbing ideas with other artists and seeing where a negotiation of thoughts can take us.

What is it that you hope to realise through this collaborative project?

I hope to realise a new physicality and sense of movement in relation to the ideas, thoughts and feelings I have about men and the culture of masculinity.

Liam Benson will be exhibiting today, Monday 8 July, from 3pm-9pm.

Click here to learn more about the Collaborateurs exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment,we love feedback!