Wednesday, July 3, 2013

COLLABORATEURS / DAVID CAPRA INTERVIEW


David Capra_Lion of Judea dressing room_2013_glazed ceramic, wire_19 x 28 x 10cm


Every day throughout the Collaborateurs exhibition, we will be sharing an interview with one of the exhibiting artists...

DAVID CAPRA

How did you and The Wizard of Oz first meet? 

When I was 5, I set myself down in front of my grandma's television.

Why did you choose to collaborate with The Wizard of Oz? 

It has become more than a film. It is now part of my own prophetic language.


What is it about collaboration as a process that appeals to you as a contemporary artist?

These pieces have been created whilst on residency at the Gymea Tafe ceramics department, as part of an a visiting artist program developed by ceramicist Lynda Draper. The works were a big help when creating the space for my work Throne Room (Wizard of Oz Intercession) as part of performance program Workout.

What is it that you hope to realise through this collaborative project?

I hope to gain a better understanding of the prophetic language inlaid in the Wizard of Oz.


David Capra will be exhibiting today, Wednesday 3 July, from 3pm-9pm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment,we love feedback!